How to choose the perfect plus size wedding dress?
Most wedding dresses that we can find on the Internet are presented on slim models. Narrow shoulders proportional to the hips, strong waistline, shapely bottom – not every woman looks like that. Many future brides watch a lot of inspiration, whether on the Internet or in catalogs, delighting with their next wedding proposal. Then they go to various salons of wedding dresses to find their dream dress for the day. However, it turns out that it is very difficult to find the same one that is already in our heads, and even if it does not always look like we would like. Just because a dress looks good on a hanger or model does not mean that it will look the same on a particular woman. We are very different, not only in size, but also in proportions, color of skin and hair. It is worth focusing on making the dress ideally suited to us.
Wedding dress for big women – XXL wedding dresses
Every future bride on her wedding day wants to look the most beautiful, right? Most of them are struggling to find the perfect wedding dress. What about when we’re a little bigger? Really, most plus size women think they need to lose weight, otherwise finding a wedding dress in which they will look divine is miracle. It shouldn’t be like that at all! The main thing is to be aware of your shapes and proportions. Plus size lace dress? Many women think that lace thickens, so how is the combination of abundant shapes and lace?! This may not look good. And it can! The secret lies in matching the wedding dress. XXL (or larger) is no problem. You often ask us if we sew wedding dresses in larger sizes. We sew to order, so of course that if you belong to women with fuller shapes, be sure to read this text to the end :). Below are a few solutions that are perfect for wedding dresses for chubby women. Here they are:
- Dresses with a cut V neckline – this neckline beautifully emphasizes the shape of the breast, so it will be perfect for ladies with large breasts. This type of neckline has an additional advantage – it slims the neck and optically narrows the shoulders. However, moderation should be maintained – it cannot be too deep.
- A-shaped dress – this cut widens downwards. Thanks to this, it slims the top, gives the figure lightness and does not disturb the proportions. A properly fitted dress can shape the silhouette in the shape of an hourglass.
- No corset – big breasts under the corset will appear even larger. In addition, the corset, excessively tightening the waist, can cause wrinkles and adversely affect the appearance of the bust and the area under the arms.
- No horizontal cuts – horizontal stitching, lines and patterns arranged in the same way will further expand our silhouette.
- Giving up sleeves – sleeves on massive shoulders and slightly larger hands optically widen the figure, create a panorama and a flat square at the front, so this should be avoided. However, if you really want to hide wider shoulders, you can do this by sewing the ruffled sleeves to the straps that will draw attention away from your shoulders.
- Less is more – it is best to put on the smallest number of layers and the lack of valances, which give the volume to the figure and expand it excessively.
- Attention from wide hips can be distracted by a dress with a heavily decorated top.
- Big breasts can be hidden by using a V-neckline that will visually reduce it. Ladies wearing a larger size should avoid in this case corsets and above all built-up neckline that will emphasize and lower the bust thereby disturbing the proportions of the figure!
- Small breasts – we advise against using stitched bra cups, unless you decide on a corset that supports the breasts. Stitched bra does not work well during movement, because the cups do not adjust to the body, but to the dress. It is definitely worth thinking about whether we can afford a deep V neckline below the breast line, which will lengthen and slim the top, and the dress will beautifully emphasize the bust. In addition, we can add more applications on the breasts, which will also visually enlarge them.
- A train with XXL wedding dress can lengthen the figure, improve proportions, but you have to remember about it to be well chosen. It doesn’t look good with every cut.
Dear Brides, if you wear a larger size, don’t worry. We are here for you and together we will certainly find the perfect wedding dress. If you like the boho style and you are not a fan of corsets and satins – we invite you!
Wedding dress for pregnant women – show or hide your pregnancy belly?
However, many future brides who are pregnant and getting ready for a church wedding prefer to hide their tummy. No problem! We will achieve this effect with the help of an empire wedding dress. It is cut under the bust, and thanks to the appropriate cut and draping will make the pregnancy belly well hidden under the dress. In addition, we can also use valances as a masking element. However, if the future bride is getting ready for a civil wedding or there is simply no problem to emphasize the state she is in at the moment, then she can go ahead and choose a fitted wedding dress made of elastic lace that will beautifully emphasize the shapes (unless she came The bride sees in her the shortcomings of the figure, which she would like to hide). Dresses of this type are in our offer in the Porto collection.
Dear Ladies, both those in blessed state and Plus Size Ladies – in the wedding dresses salon Boho Dresses by Marta Trojanowska you will surely find the perfect dress for you! We tailor-made wedding dresses and we do it in one day! During pregnancy, both the tummy and weight change – then all you have to do is arrange sewing near the date of your wedding.